Collagen Stimulation Is the Difference in MilwaukeeThe gradual loss of collagen over time is a key reason a person’s appearance begins to look aged. Collagen acts as a support structure for your skin, provides overall volume, and gives shape to your face. At about age 30, collagen loss begins to decrease elasticity and moisture. Sculptra Aesthetic®, or poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), is an aesthetic injectable that adds subtle volume, skin support, and structure to targeted areas of the face, and even the body.
How Does It Work?The ReFresh Aesthetic Center™ certified aesthetic nurses and nurse practitioners use Sculptra Aesthetic® to stimulate the body’s own collagen production, resulting in volume restoration, structural support, and improved skin suppleness. The microparticles in Sculptra Aesthetic® begin stimulating your body’s natural collagen production, so even as the added volume diminishes in the following days, new volume and support are being created. The youthful results can last for two years or longer if the full series of recommended treatments has been completed.
- Replace | Sculptra Aesthetic® starts deep in the skin, generating fresh collagen to replace volume lost over time.
- Restore | The microparticles are also gradually absorbed, leaving behind a framework of natural collagen that continues to provide volume and support.
- Refine | Facial lines and folds, whether shallow or deep, are reduced for a smoother look that can be enjoyed for 24 months.
Where Is Sculptra Aesthetic® Used?At ReFresh Aesthetic Center™, we find Sculptra Aesthetic® an optimal treatment to rejuvenate and refresh the following targeted areas:
- Hollowing in the temple, mid-cheek areas, lower face, and jawline
- Re-volumization and overall textural improvement to the face with significant overall facial volume loss
- Finishing touches to dermal fillers, when collagen building is still needed
- Chest/décolleté for loose skin and wrinkles
- Knees and arms for skin crepiness
- Softening of skin dimples or irregularities in the thighs and buttocks