Collagen Stimulation is the Difference
Facial collagen loss is a key factor in an aging appearance. Collagen acts as a support structure for your skin, provides overall volume and gives shape to your face. At about age 30, collagen loss decreases elasticity and moisture.
Sculptra Aesthetic®, or poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), is a facial injectable that adds volume to correct shallow to deep nasolabial folds (smile lines) and other facial wrinkles.
How Does it Work?
Sculptra Aesthetic® is injected into the skin to add immediate volume and smooth away wrinkles. In a few days, the initial volume diminishes, but the PLLA micro particles remain and work to help stimulate growth of your own natural collagen to replenish volume. Sculptra Aesthetic® can restore a more youthful, natural look that can last more than two years.
- Replace | Injectable PLLA begins working within the deep dermis to replace lost collagen and reinforce skin structure.
- Restore | As micro particles of injectable PLLA are absorbed, a collagen framework is provided to gradually restore volume.
- Refine | This results in the smoothing out of shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds for a more refined appearance that can last up to 2 years.
Where is Sculptra Aesthetic® Used?
At ReFresh Aesthetic Center, we use Sculptra Aesthetic to rejuvenate and refresh the skin in the following areas:
- Hollowing in the temple and mid cheek areas
- Re-volumization of the face with significant overall facial volume loss
- Finishing touches to dermal fillers, when collagen building is still needed
Important Safety Information
You should not use Scuptra Aesthetic® if you are allergic to any ingredient of the product of have a history of scarring on your skin as a result of injury or surgery. It should not be used in areas where you have an active skin infection or swelling, the red area of the lips or near the eyes. Do not have treatment if you are pregnant, lactating, breastfeeding or under 18 years of age.
The most common side effects in clinical studies were injection site swelling, tenderness, redness, pain, bruising, bleeding and itching. Most were mild and went away on their own, while others were more serious, required treatment and lasted 7-10 days.
Other side effects may include small lumps under the skin that are sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, some that appeared months or more than a year after treatment, with or without swelling or skin discoloration, have also been reported. Some of these lumps were serious and required additional treatment or even surgery.
Discover Sculptra Aesthetic® [Brochure]. (2014). USA. Galderma Laboratories, LP.